Dear THA families,
As we look to the start of the season we hope you will consider being a volunteer with Triad Hockey Alliance. If you have thought about being a coach or manager this 2020-2021 season, would you let us know? For the safety of our players and organization there are certain guidelines all new and returning coaches and managers must complete. Some of these requirements are time sensitive. We hope you will join us in making this season a success.
Before returning to the ice this season, coaches must complete the following:
1. Get a new USA Hockey number.
2. Complete SafeSport and Background Screening (This must be completed by August 15, 2020).
3. Complete Age Appropriate Modules (This must be completed by August 15, 2020).
4. Complete training (CEP)
Option 1: https://www.usahockey.com/coachingclinics (This is due December 31, 2020).
Option 2: Purchase a 2020-21 COVID-19 Temporary Coaching Card (This is only available until July 31, 2020).
A new temporary card is being introduced as a flexible option for coaches to maintain their certification if they are unable to attend virtual coaching clinics due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This temporary card is only available to purchase until July 31, 2020.
Are you unsure what you have completed and need to update?
- Everyone must complete SafeSport training every year!
- For members who were last screened through their Affiliate after April 1, 2019, for the 2019-20 season, background screens will be valid for the 2020-21 season, and will not need to be screened under the new system until prior to the 2021-22 season. Are you still unsure if you need to get screened again? Try it, and it will block you if you are up to date!
- You can look up your CEP status by clicking on the following link:
We hope you will consider joining THA on the ice again this season!
-Triad Hockey Alliance