THA Players, Parents and Coaches:
NCDOT Announces Business 40 Closure Date
Affective Sunday November 11 at 8:00am the N.C. Department of Transportation will close the 1.2-mile section of Business 40 through downtown between Peters Creek Parkway and U.S. 52. Subsequently your route to the Fairgrounds Annex will be also be affected.
Going to the Fairgrounds Annex:
- Not all of Business 40 will close. Only the 1.2-mile portion in downtown Winston-Salem will be closed. The sections between downtown Winston-Salem and the I-40 splits, near Clemmons and the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market, will remain open
- Eastbound Business 40 traffic (coming from Clemmons) will be diverted to Peters Creek Parkway. You want to take the downtown exit and go thru downtown to the Annex.
- An alternative route for Eastbound traffic is to take Silas Creek Parkway towards Wake Forest University to University Parkway to the Annex
- Westbound (coming from Kernersville) will be diverted to U.S. 52. Take the Akron Drive “Coliseum” exit.
- Vehicles will be able to take those exits but not drive past them.
We urge you to plan in advance and add extra time when going to the Fairgrounds Annex.
We also encourage you to use the cellphone app, Waze, which offers route options.
Additional information is available at www.business40nc.com, on Facebook or online using #Biz40NC.